9.24.2010

Sketching with Students

It was a nice afternoon here in Moscow, so I took my design studio group out for a little sketching. We were trying to focus on recording scenes and orthogonal sketches of architectural elements relevant to the project they're working on - Courtyard Housing. The project site is in Portland, and we're heading there for a field trip next week, so this was also an opportunity to get in a little location sketching practice before we go. I was using a new fountain pen (a gift from my wife on our 15th Anniversary yesterday!). I like the pen, though I had a little trouble with the water-soluble ink. Probably going to refill it with Noodler's Lexington Gray when I get a chance.  

1 comment:

  1. Matthew,
    Good to see you posting again, hope you'll do more. I especially enjoy the combination of the pencil drawing of the entry because of the point of view and the plan above it.
    Frank in Mount Vernon,WA

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.